Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swim platform mod

Default Swim platform mod

Hey Ragboy just wanted to see a pic of your platform. I am thinking of modding our platform after a little more R&D. Yours still maintains the basic oem shape nothing crazy, just smaller?

Blog Entries

Sure, let me pull together the pictures and stuff, and I think I even have some video, and I will post here today.

Quote Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
    Sure, let me pull together the pictures and stuff, and I think I even have some video, and I will post here today.
    Thanks Ragboy, We have a older Supra that we did a restomod with and we used our buddies epic 23v swim platform for a template for building ours. Last season we did more wakeboarding but the fam is loving wakesurfing and the big platform is hurting the size and shape. I did a lot off observing yesterday at the water coming out from under the platform and its acting almost like a giant wakeplate....

Blog Entries

So I got together some pics, and filmed some video today that shows the wake, how clean. So I will be posting in the AM, just got off the lake, tired.

Blog Entries

OK, so I have been working for a couple of hours to be able to easily embed flickr slideshows and other embeds, but its all work. Here are some images first:

Here is a video of the opening day of wake9 in 2009, and it starts with some video of the deck:

I am going to post captions and stuff in those pictures later today or tomorrow, to be of more help. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks Ragboy! just what I was looking for. Our platform is shaped like your new one but the SIZE of your oem one. Our main problem is the curl from the lip hitting you in the back leg while in the pocket, you end up loosing speed from it and its just a PITA. I think a smaller platform and different brackets may get rid of it along with giving it more size. We tried our new ballest setup today and it worked out pretty well except for the platform killing it. We had a 540# next to the engine cover with a 350# on top of it and half on the seat another 350 in front of the drivers seat running side ways about 300# in my bow sac and my other bag with with about 300# under the rear seat. All that weight and I was just able to drag the rubrail. LOL This old Supra has some MAJOR freeboard.

how much did the alum cost you to build the platform?

What material did you use for the top padding?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    how much did the alum cost you to build the platform?

What material did you use for the top padding?
    Sorry petrey10, was out of town for the NW open.

I think the aluminum was like $700. 3/4" thick. I wanted it strong, and who cares if it adds extra weight. I used this:

http://wakejunky.com/

in black for the top of the deck, over a year now, still perfect and soft.

I left it unpainted with the black decking, I like the way it looks. I got the idea for the shape from the Sanger v237 surf edition. I tested the shape with wood, verified it worked well, then bought the aluminum, had it CNC'd, then my dad routed it and finished the edges so they are round and soft, and installed it. Cost me $1200 all told with my dads time, materials, etc.

Here you can see before I put the deck on, and the rounded soft edges, and how thick it is.

wow i didn't realize you had 3/4'' i thought urs was 1/2''.... I talked with a guy that I can get a killer deal on 3/16'' and he said it is plenty thick enough for my application but I am worried that the edges will stay pretty sharp with 3/16'' ....

Could I please get a pic of the bottom of the platform I would like to see how much room you got left for the brackets... did you take it down as small as you could or did you just shorten it up a lil bit

nvm i saw the pic of the plywood with brackets.... thanks for taking the time to talk with me I am sure if I get going on this I am going to have some more questions